patch togetherphrasal verb
patched together; patching together; patches together
Definition of patch together
: to put (something) together usually in a quick or careless way She patched a meal together from what was in the cupboard. They quickly patched together a new plan.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game