Definition of overintense
- overintense emotions
- a serious, overintense child
- Love on live telly never works. He realised the whole thing was a suffocating, overintense nightmare …
- —Vanessa Feltz
- Video telephony rendered the fantasy insupportable. Callers now found they had to compose the same sort of earnest, slightly overintense listener's expression they had to compose for in-person exchanges.
- —David Foster Wallace
- … the sauce on the mushrooms is sometimes overintense.
- —Mimi Sheraton
- … it is in the nature of adolescence to prefer exaggeration to restraint, to express their emotions overintensely …
- —Joy Paul Guilford
overintensityplay \ˌō-vər-in-ˈten(t)-sə-tē\ noun
- It's that overintensity a lot of gifted kids show that gets them in trouble.
- —Paul Beljan