Definition of overintense
: intense to an excessive degree overintense emotions a serious, overintense child Love on live telly never works. He realised the whole thing was a suffocating, overintense nightmare …— Vanessa Feltz Video telephony rendered the fantasy insupportable. Callers now found they had to compose the same sort of earnest, slightly overintense listener's expression they had to compose for in-person exchanges.— David Foster Wallace … the sauce on the mushrooms is sometimes overintense.— Mimi Sheraton
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game