Definition of overenthusiastic
- … was minding his own business at a computer conference when an apparently overenthusiastic fan gave him a kind of bear hug around the neck, which wrenched some vertebrae …
- —Ron Rosenbaum and Marissa Martinelli
- Indeed, he thinks many in the press and business community may be a little overenthusiastic about how soon many of these new technologies will have an impact.
- —Patricia Panchak
- … he made an overenthusiastic lunge from the stage and tore cartilage in his knee.
- —Judith Jacklin Belushi
overenthusiasticallyplay \ˌō-vər-in-ˌthü-zē-ˈa-sti-k(ə-)lē, -en- also -ˌthyü-\ adverb
- … I played it willingly, throwing myself into it overenthusiastically because I had few prospects and little choice.
- —Evangeline Henry