Definition of overenthusiasm
: an excess of enthusiasm And as someone who has known him since he was a freshman at Michigan, his overenthusiasm does not surprise me. This is a guy who would leap from his seat at a pizza joint and scream, "PEPPERONI! YES!"— Mitch Albom … prices in early 2000 were well above this norm. When investor overenthusiasm evaporated, so did a lot of this value.— Jay Bryan Sampling the dishes was fun and, apart from a slight overenthusiasm for covering things in batter, each was very tasty.— Emma Pinch … repeatedly displays an overenthusiasm for long quotes …— L. Kenna … we must not be misled by the overenthusiasms of current fashions.— D. J. Hand
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?