Definition of overabstract
: excessively abstract especially : unnecessarily difficult to understand gave an overabstract explanation of the problem … our aim is not to overcomplicate the essence of psychotherapy with extra theory or overabstract ideas, but rather to "demystify" this process … — John Sharry et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game