:in an ordinary manner or to an ordinary extent: such as
:in the ordinary course of events :usually
- She was ordinarily very busy in the morning.
- the jobs ordinarily handled by junior staff members
- … cortisol, a hormone which ordinarily comes into play in situations of bodily stress …
- —Maggie Scarf
- Ordinarily, the immune system of any mammal will work to fight off a fungal parasite.
- —David Quammen
:to the usual extent :moderately
- It must suffice for him to be ordinarily honest according to the ordinary honesty of the world's ways …
- —Anthony Trollope
:in a commonplace or inferior way :without distinction
- A friend of mine … has two apartments on the 3rd floor, very ordinarily furnished …
- —Walt Whitman