Definition of customarily
: by or according to custom or established practice clothing customarily worn for formal celebrations : in accordance with what is customary or usual the order in which the different courses are customarily served In addition to administering the oath of office to the president on Inauguration Day, the chief justice customarily administers two oaths to each of his new colleagues.— John Paul Stevens
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game