on the watch foridiom
Definition of on the watch for
: regularly checking to see if someone has arrived or if something has appeared or happened When you're driving in winter you should always be on the watch for ice on the roads. I am always on the watch for a good bargain.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game