on the warpathidiom
Definition of on the warpath
: angry and ready to fight with, criticize, or punish someone The boss is on the warpath today because the project is behind schedule. Her supporters went on the warpath in response to her opponent's accusations.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game