Definition of old age
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : the fact of being old She died of old age.
2 : the time of life when a person is old He's getting sweeter in his old age.
Definition of old-age (Entry 2 of 2)
: of, for, or relating to old people an old-age home
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game