Definition of old Adam
: unregenerate human nature grant that the old Adam in this child may be so buried — Book of Common Prayer the old Adam in me … rises and asserts himself— R. W. Jackson
— called also old man
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game