Definition of off-center
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : not exactly in the center of something The mirror over the sink is a little bit off-center.
2 : different or unusual He has an off-center sense of humor.
Definition of off-center (Entry 2 of 2)
: not exactly in the center of something He hung the picture off-center.
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game