Definition of nonvascular plant
: a simple, low-growing, nonflowering plant (such as a moss or liverwort) that lacks specialized conducting channels for transporting water and nutrients and in which the photosynthetic gametophyte is the dominant stage of the life cycle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game