Definition of noninformation
: absence or lack of information In "Intrepid's Last Case," the problem is not disinformation, but noninformation.— James Bamford also : something that does not contain or constitute useful or correct information … her statement was an impenetrable litany of noninformation. — Denton Record-Chronicle … celebrity biographies, which at their best are magazine profiles writ large and at their worst are collections of gossip and noninformation … — Amanda Vaill
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game