Definition of nonelective
: not elective: such as
a : relating to, being, or involving an urgent medical procedure and especially surgery that is essential to the survival of the patient a nonelective appendectomy acute nonelective surgery
b : not permitting a choice : not optional nonelective college courses
c : of, relating to, or being a fixed amount of money that is contributed by an employer to an employee's retirement account regardless of whether or how much the employee also contributes nonelective versus matching contributions
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game