Definition of no-kill
: having or being a policy that prohibits killing a no-kill fishing tournament especially : having or being a policy that prohibits or severely limits the euthanizing of animals in a shelter "I will spare no expense on veterinary care for our pets," says Renee, who has nine cats and is on the board of a no-kill shelter. — Catherine Fredman … shelters can euthanize up to 10 percent of their animals for reasons of health and temperament, and still be considered "no-kill." — Greg Allen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?