Definition of no need
—used to say that something is not necessary "I'll get someone to help you." "No need. I can do it myself." —often followed by to + verb There's no need to apologize.There's no need to shout. I can hear you. —often + for There's no need for him to apologize.There's no need for you to shout.The doctor says that there's no need for surgery.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game