new jack swingnoun, often capitalized N&J&S
Definition of new jack swing
: pop music usually performed by black musicians that combines elements of jazz, funk, rap, and rhythm and blues
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game