New Jerseygeographical name
Definition of New Jersey
state in the eastern U.S. bordering on Lower New York Bay, Delaware Bay, and the Atlantic Ocean and separated from Pennsylvania and Delaware by the Delaware River; capital Trenton area 7787 square miles (20,168 square kilometers), population 8,791,894
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game