Definition of new blood
: persons who are accepted into a group or organization and are expected to provide fresh ideas and vitality : fresh blood … the social exclusivity common in this class in the early part of the century, which served to limit new blood and ideas…— Anne H. Soukhanov
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game