Definition of neck-deep
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : reaching as high as one's neck She stood in neck-deep water.
2 : standing in something that reaches to one's neck —usually + in She was neck-deep in water. —often used figuratively We were neck-deep in work.
Definition of neck-deep (Entry 2 of 2)
: in something that reaches to one's neck She stood neck-deep in the water.
Words from Greek and Latin Quiz
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game