variants: or nearest neighbor
Definition of nearest-neighbor
: using the value of the nearest adjacent element —used of an interpolation technique Both image resizing operations are performed using the nearest neighbor interpolation method. — Franco A. Del Colle et al.,Journal of Computer Science & Technology, 1 Apr. 2008 One of the main areas of collaborative filtering we exploited is the nearest-neighbor approach. A movie's “neighbors” in this context are other movies that tend to be scored most similarly when rated by the same viewer.— Robert M. Bell et al., IEEE Spectrum, May 2009
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?