Definition of multielement
: composed of, containing, or involving more than one distinct part or aspect : having or involving more than one element The surfaces of lens elements reflect small amounts of light, the elements themselves absorb small quantities; in complex multielement lenses (especially zoom lenses) these differences can add up to a considerable amount.— James Monaco The Very Large Array (VLA) is the name given to the multielement … antenna array built by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) …— David Morrison specifically : having or involving more than one chemical element a multielement analysis of soil samples a multielement compound
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game