Definition of multielectrode
: involving or containing more than one and often many electrodes a multielectrode array To make speech intelligible—and thus restore the full range of lost hearing—a deaf person may need a multielectrode implant that can excite the nerve fibers with varying levels of electricity.— Stephen Solomon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game