mis·tryst | \ (ˈ)mi¦strīst \
Definition of mistryst
chiefly Scottish : to break an agreement with especially : to fail to keep an engagement with
chiefly Scottish : to fail to keep an agreement (as an engagement or an appointed meeting)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game