variants: or mis-struck
Definition of misstruck
: struck wrongly or inaccurately … accuracy will be very important, particularly with approach shots to greens where misstruck shots will roll off on all sides.— Joe Juliano If you've ever swung a bat in cold weather, you know the numbing sting of a mis-struck ball …— Bob Mercer Some coin dealers say the misstruck coins could be worth thousands of dollars …— Sara Ganus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game