Definition of man-child
1 : a male child : son … it came to her what a glory it would be to be the mother of a man-child like this.— Jack London
2 : a man who has the qualities of a child : a childlike man … a largely likable tale about a 38-year-old man-child trying finally to grow up.— Manohla Dargis
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game