Definition of lose track
: to stop being aware of how something is changing, what someone is doing, etc. With so much going on, it's easy to lose track. —usually + of It's easy to lose track of what's going on.I'm sorry I'm late. I lost track of the time.We lost track of each other after high school.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game