Definition of lose touch
1 : to stop communicating with each other : to no longer know what is happening in each other's lives They were friends in college, but then they moved to different cities and lost touch. —often + with She lost touch with her college roommate after graduation.
2 : to stop knowing what is happening, how certain people feel, etc. —usually + with I read the newspaper every morning so that I don't completely lose touch with what's happening in the world.She seems to have lost touch with reality and thinks that she can have everything she wants.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game