Definition of lithic
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : stony sense 1
2 : of, relating to, or being a stone tool
-lithicadjective combining form
Definition of -lithic (Entry 2 of 2)
: relating to or characteristic of a (specified) stage in humankind's use of stone as a cultural tool Neolithic
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game