leave it at thatidiom
Definition of leave it at that
: to not add or do anything more Let's just say that I got in a little trouble with the police, and leave it at that. They offered him the salary that he asked for, but he couldn't leave it at that and asked for a new car.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game