Examples of innate in a Sentence
- … the delays innate in both serial and book publication … —Walter Rundell, American Association of University Professors Bulletin, September 1971
- … the materials for conflict are innate to social life. —Richard Sennett, Psychology Today, November 1970
- The faculty for myth is innate in the human race. —W. Somerset Maugham, The Moon and Sixpence, 1919
She has an innate sense of rhythm.
the innate problems of wireless communication
Recent Examples of innate from the Web
Her underlying aim was to explore the idea—derived from John Locke—of the newborn as a tabula rasa, whose character is determined by experience rather than innate qualities.
Walker is outspoken onstage and off, and carries herself with an innate and disarming self-assuredness — one whose ire most would seek to avoid.
Thomas, obviously, had injury issues, but his innate ability to irritate fans and teammates while obliviously playing poorly after his injury is what makes him such a strong contender for this crown.
Whether that meant basking in the exuberant glow of children or surreptitiously enjoying dessert before dinner, his innate joy manifested throughout his life.
But his innate ability to reject at the rim is where Lee etched his name among the nation's best.
And, these days, my innate optimism is not exactly brimming.
That demonstrative style belies Hoffberger’s innate shrewdness and firm grasp of the bottom line.
Fish produce the same opioids—the body’s innate painkillers—that mammals do.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'innate.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
in one's blood;
Synonym Discussion of innate
- an innate sense of fair play
- her inborn love of nature
- inbred political loyalties
- a congenital heart murmur
- eye color is hereditary
INNATE Defined for English Language Learners
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up innate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).