Examples of incessant in a Sentence
- Much of the early motor development of the child depends on learning and refining such procedures, through play, imitation, trial and error, and incessant rehearsal. —Oliver Sacks, New Yorker, 24 Sept. 2007
- Magna Carta also stipulated that the shire courts should meet as royal courts under the itinerant justices more often than twice a year—a change, convenient to the landed classes and their incessant civil actions, that was not implemented because of the cost to the Crown. —Norman F. Cantor, Imagining the Law, 1997
- Whatever Stalin's ancestry, his biographers, Robert Tucker in particular, have concluded that his unfortunate childhood experiences, including incessant, murderous beatings by his drunken father, were probably what caused his pathological behaviour. —Amy Knight, Times Literary Supplement, 26 Apr. 1991
the incessant noise from an outside repair crew was a real distraction during the test
Recent Examples of incessant from the Web
This is why Crawford doesn’t mind the incessant injury talk.
The Adkinses have diligently pieced together a lively and compelling narrative, laying bare the grim realities of the siege, from the grinding everyday hardships of hunger and cold to the numbing terror of incessant bombardment.
The incessant flood of stress chemicals tends to reset the brain's system of fight-or-flight hormones, putting them on hair-trigger alert.
Every team’s first pitch comes a week sooner this year, MLB’s earliest start ever, either to accommodate a new collective bargaining agreement or compete with incessant NFL draft coverage, nobody will say for sure.
Loud incessant chattering while dining can be annoying.
In his last eight Grapefruit League innings, Morton has allowed 14 hits and 14 runs while navigating incessant traffic on the bases.
The bad news is the SDMAs have been repeatedly marred by loud, incessant yammering by too many overly lubricated attendees.
Asking what lip color to wear or which filter to use on an Instagram post is probably harmless (though the incessant pinging can get annoying).
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'incessant.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of incessant
- continual showers the whole weekend
- football's oldest continuous rivalry
- lived in constant pain
- annoyed by the incessant quarreling
- a land of perpetual snowfall
- a perennial source of controversy
INCESSANT Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of incessant for English Language Learners
: continuing without stopping : not stopping
INCESSANT Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up incessant? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).