Examples of incessant in a Sentence
- Much of the early motor development of the child depends on learning and refining such procedures, through play, imitation, trial and error, and incessant rehearsal. —Oliver Sacks, New Yorker, 24 Sept. 2007
- Magna Carta also stipulated that the shire courts should meet as royal courts under the itinerant justices more often than twice a year—a change, convenient to the landed classes and their incessant civil actions, that was not implemented because of the cost to the Crown. —Norman F. Cantor, Imagining the Law, 1997
- Whatever Stalin's ancestry, his biographers, Robert Tucker in particular, have concluded that his unfortunate childhood experiences, including incessant, murderous beatings by his drunken father, were probably what caused his pathological behaviour. —Amy Knight, Times Literary Supplement, 26 Apr. 1991
the incessant noise from an outside repair crew was a real distraction during the test
Recent Examples of incessant from the Web
But the word of mouth, Elliott’s backing, as well as Alberth’s incessant phone calls, has this year’s convention bursting at the seams.
While much has been made of Neymar's embellishment and incessant rolling, he's actually been quite good over the last couple of games.
His grandmother, who had suffered a nervous breakdown from incessant shelling, ended up in Britain, having been told the U.S. was not accepting refugees who were disabled physically or mentally.
Baritone Weston Hurt then enters, singing Figaro’s song about his ability to do anything and the incessant demands from his master and everyone in town.
The work’s spell derives from the tarnished beauty of the house; the plaintive tones of the music; the incessant, unstoppable refrain — a dime-store mantra all the more heartbreaking for its triteness.
But Iranian fans, in a dreadful throwback to South Africa 2010, destroyed the atmosphere in Russia with their incessant blowing into vuvuzelas.
Thinnakorn and the other parents have ignored incessant rain and stayed camped outside the cave in tents since the ordeal began.
Automation improves consistency, shaves time off tasks, and may help ease the incessant turnover that crimps productivity and staffing across the industry.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'incessant.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of incessant
- continual showers the whole weekend
- football's oldest continuous rivalry
- lived in constant pain
- annoyed by the incessant quarreling
- a land of perpetual snowfall
- a perennial source of controversy
INCESSANT Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of incessant for English Language Learners
: continuing without stopping : not stopping
INCESSANT Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up incessant? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).