Definition of in control
1 : in the position of one who makes decisions He always wants to be in control.
2 : not overly upset or excited : calm and able to think and act in a sensible way In spite of the pressure to pass the test, he felt calm and in control.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game