hydroseeded; hydroseeding; hydroseeds
Definition of hydroseed
: to spray a watery mixture containing seed and usually mulch and fertilizer on After construction crews sifted alluvial deposits to create topsoil for the fairways, the perimeter of the course was hydroseeded with wildflowers to brighten the property.— Brian McCallen If you've got more than 4,000 square feet to cover, a professional can hydroseed, which involves spraying a seed-and-fertilizer soup over large expanses of soil.— Sara Jane Von Trapp
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game