he·li·o·lith·ic | \ ¦hēlēə¦lithik\
Definition of heliolithic
1 : marked by, observing, or associated with practices (as sun worship and the erection of megaliths) held by some diffusionists to constitute a single widespread neolithic culture originating in Egypt heliolithic culture heliolithic peoples heliolithic monuments
2 : postulating an Egyptian origin for heliolithic traits found as the basis of higher culture in many parts of the world the heliolithic theory
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?