Definition of Galicia
1 region of east central Europe including the northern slopes of the Carpathians and the valleys of the upper Vistula, Dniester, Bug, and Seret rivers; former Austrian crown land; belonged to Poland between the two world wars; now divided between Poland and Ukraine
2 region and ancient kingdom in northwestern Spain bordering on the Atlantic
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?