Definition of Galicia
1 region of east central Europe including the northern slopes of the Carpathians and the valleys of the upper Vistula, Dniester, Bug, and Seret rivers; former Austrian crown land; belonged to Poland between the two world wars; now divided between Poland and Ukraine
2 region and ancient kingdom in northwestern Spain bordering on the Atlantic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?