Definition of fraze
(Entry 1 of 2)
1a : a small milling cutter used to cut down the ends of canes or rods to receive a ferrule
b : the end of a cane or rod shaped as if by a fraze
2 [ 2fraze ] : the unevenness caused by rough edges or burs
Definition of fraze (Entry 2 of 2)
: to smooth by or as if by removing fraze specifically : to cut or shape (the end of something) to receive a ferrule
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game