variants: or frankalmoin or less commonly frankalmoigne \ ˈfraŋkalˌmȯin , ⸗ˈ⸗⸗ , ˌ⸗⸗ˈ⸗ \
Definition of frankalmoign
: a tenure in English law by which a religious corporation holds lands given to them and their successors forever usually on condition of praying for the soul of the donor and his heirs — compare lay fee
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game