Definition of for thy
(Entry 1 of 2)
: on this account : therefore have no care for thy— Edmund Spenser
Definition of forthy (Entry 2 of 2)
1 dialectal, British : forward and enterprising : inclined to be officious
2 dialectal, British : open and friendly in nature and disposition : affable
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game