Examples of therefore in a Sentence
- To understand what has happened to the earth's atmosphere—and, therefore, how our climate might change in the future—some ice-core scientists in the Arctic are training their eyes directly downward. —Bryan Walsh, Time, 18 Aug. 2008
- Most Irish jump racing—and therefore most of the racing discussed in the book—is the laid-back pastime of enthusiasts … —Max Watman, New York Times Book Review, 9 Apr. 2006
- A good approach to finding out what makes us humans so darn special would therefore be to get complete maps of the human and chimp genomes, and compare the two. —John Derbyshire, National Review, 7 Nov. 2005
- Characteristically, however, Darwinists, like primitive economists, assume that what is humane—I use the word here, unexceptionably, as I believe, to mean whatever arises from the desire to mitigate competition and to put aside self-interest—is unnatural, and therefore wrong. —Marilynne Robinson, The Death of Adam, (1998) 2005
- I was once sitting behind a newspaper in the Swansea common room while two engineers, i.e. lecturers in engineering, therefore by common consent philistines, chatted together. —Kingsley Amis, Memoirs, 1991
The cell phone is thin and light and therefore very convenient to carry around.
Payment was received two weeks after it was due; therefore, you will be charged a late fee.
Recent Examples of therefore from the Web
Once the amendment is filed with the County Recorder, all owners and future owners are deemed by law to have legal notification and are therefore bound by it.
Kilimnik is believed to be in Moscow – and therefore probably safe from arrest because Russia does not extradite its citizens.
Drivers have found the cars easier to maneuver in traffic and therefore generate more passes.
Dads are taking on more of the child rearing responsibilities and therefore need access to the same information and networks that moms have.
Human Rights Watch contended in its statement that the mostly unarmed protesters didn't pose an imminent threat to Israeli troops or civilians, and therefore the use of live fire suggests a violation of international law.
News of Zucker’s contract renewal will therefore presumably come as a sigh of relief for an organization whose employees are already somewhat trepidatious about what, if anything, might change once AT&T starts cutting their paychecks.
There are tons of people and therefore tons of fans.
For reference, most major caves have only one or maybe two entrances—and therefore only one or two routes through the cave system.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'therefore.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
THEREFORE Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of therefore for English Language Learners
: for that reason : because of that
THEREFORE Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up therefore? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).