Examples of therefore in a Sentence
- To understand what has happened to the earth's atmosphere—and, therefore, how our climate might change in the future—some ice-core scientists in the Arctic are training their eyes directly downward. —Bryan Walsh, Time, 18 Aug. 2008
- Most Irish jump racing—and therefore most of the racing discussed in the book—is the laid-back pastime of enthusiasts … —Max Watman, New York Times Book Review, 9 Apr. 2006
- A good approach to finding out what makes us humans so darn special would therefore be to get complete maps of the human and chimp genomes, and compare the two. —John Derbyshire, National Review, 7 Nov. 2005
- Characteristically, however, Darwinists, like primitive economists, assume that what is humane—I use the word here, unexceptionably, as I believe, to mean whatever arises from the desire to mitigate competition and to put aside self-interest—is unnatural, and therefore wrong. —Marilynne Robinson, The Death of Adam, (1998) 2005
- I was once sitting behind a newspaper in the Swansea common room while two engineers, i.e. lecturers in engineering, therefore by common consent philistines, chatted together. —Kingsley Amis, Memoirs, 1991
The cell phone is thin and light and therefore very convenient to carry around.
Payment was received two weeks after it was due; therefore, you will be charged a late fee.
Recent Examples of therefore from the Web
This is especially the case for H3N2 viruses, which have been circulating continuously in humans since 1968 and are, therefore, very well adapted to humans as a host.
John had a way of taking life’s most difficult things and framing them as challenges, therefore adventures – by their nature awakening and maybe even fun.
The mechanism behind shortness of breath is a little different for each of these conditions, depending on which parts (and therefore sensors) in your body are involved.
The revenue would depend heavily on the health of the state’s real estate market and could therefore be volatile.
Tonight is the last episode of KC, and therefore my last episode on Disney channel.... — Zendaya (@Zendaya) February 2, 2018 The actress has acted for Disney since starring in Shake It Up with Bella Thorne from 2010 to 2013.
The writer and actress Erin Foster, a daughter of songwriter David Foster and therefore Hollywood royalty, took to Instagram after the engagement to post a photo of Markle early in her career, on the game show Deal or No Deal.
White House therefore reviewing a document the Committee has not approved for release.
To say that McGahn has his work cut out of him is, therefore, an understatement.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'therefore.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
First Known Use of therefore
THEREFORE Defined for English Language Learners
THEREFORE Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up therefore? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).