Examples of therefore in a Sentence
- To understand what has happened to the earth's atmosphere—and, therefore, how our climate might change in the future—some ice-core scientists in the Arctic are training their eyes directly downward. —Bryan Walsh, Time, 18 Aug. 2008
- Most Irish jump racing—and therefore most of the racing discussed in the book—is the laid-back pastime of enthusiasts … —Max Watman, New York Times Book Review, 9 Apr. 2006
- A good approach to finding out what makes us humans so darn special would therefore be to get complete maps of the human and chimp genomes, and compare the two. —John Derbyshire, National Review, 7 Nov. 2005
- Characteristically, however, Darwinists, like primitive economists, assume that what is humane—I use the word here, unexceptionably, as I believe, to mean whatever arises from the desire to mitigate competition and to put aside self-interest—is unnatural, and therefore wrong. —Marilynne Robinson, The Death of Adam, (1998) 2005
- I was once sitting behind a newspaper in the Swansea common room while two engineers, i.e. lecturers in engineering, therefore by common consent philistines, chatted together. —Kingsley Amis, Memoirs, 1991
The cell phone is thin and light and therefore very convenient to carry around.
Payment was received two weeks after it was due; therefore, you will be charged a late fee.
Recent Examples of therefore from the Web
It is derived, in part, because people already spent their money expecting to like the purchase and enjoy themselves, and are therefore inclined to validate their expense.
Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 23, 2017 Too bad for Matt Barnes, the Sacramento native who just won his first ring in his 14th NBA season.
Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!
Targeting messages is also more efficient – and therefore cheaper – than traditional advertising.
For one thing, the study is based on a relatively small number of trials conducted in a lab, and therefore does not necessarily reflect nudibranch behavior in the wild.
The only males present in these groups are therefore juveniles.
Invested partners work together toward joint goals, and therefore will agree your focusing on work till X and then trying to conceive starting on Y serves you both and makes complete sense.
But Justice Department officials argued in a letter to CREW released Friday that any records beyond the 22 Japanese names were related to the president's schedule and were therefore exempt from public records laws.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'therefore.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
First Known Use of therefore
THEREFORE Defined for English Language Learners
THEREFORE Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up therefore? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).