for a changeidiom
Definition of for a change
: as something different from what is usual Let's eat out for a change. Why don't you help me out for a change instead of me always helping you?!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game