Definition of feminized
: made feminine or more feminine … the crucial influence of gay subculture on every style from the Teds [=teddy boys] to the 'feminized New Man' of the late 1980s has been thoroughly discussed …— Margaret Sarkissian : notably female or feminine in quality or character But as detective-readers schooled by a patriarchal ideology, we might overlook the most telling sign of woman's presence: the playful, sensual, feminized textuality which utterly frustrates a masculine desire-to-know.— Jeanne Holland Other employees have feminized objects on their desks: artificial flowers, birthday cards, picture frames, souvenir lighters.— Susan Daitch
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game