fall victim toidiom
Definition of fall victim to
1 : to be attacked, injured, or killed by (someone or something) Police think she may have fallen victim to a serial killer.
2 : to be affected badly by (something) She fell victim to the flu. He fell victim to a scam. schools falling victim to budget cuts
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game