Definition of fall webworm
: a pale yellow dusky-striped hairy caterpillar that is the larva of either of two common white arctiid moths (Hyphantria cunea and H. textor) and that lives gregariously in nests of webbing at the ends of branches of many deciduous trees — compare tent caterpillar
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?