Definition of eukaryotic
: of, relating to, or being an organism (as of the domain Eukarya) composed of one or more cells containing visibly evident nuclei and organelles : being or characteristic of a eukaryote eukaryotic cells eukaryotic species
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?