Start your free trial today and get unlimited access to America's largest dictionary, with:
- More than 250,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary
- Expanded definitions, etymologies, and usage notes
- Advanced search features
- Ad free!
Synonym Discussion of enveigle
- lured naive investors with get-rich-quick schemes
- advertising designed to entice new customers
- fund-raisers inveigling wealthy alumni
- attempting to decoy the enemy into an ambush
- tempted by the offer of money
- seduced by assurances of assistance
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up enveigle? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).