Definition of domme
: a female dominant (see dominant entry 2 sense 6) : dominatrix “In general, we're all safety nuts,” said John Warren, a founder of the Boston Dungeon Society who has written a number of books on BDSM. “The problem with pro dommes, is there's no restrictions. All you need is enough money to buy an ad.— Jessica Heslam, The Boston Herald, 16 Aug. 2000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game