\ ˈmam \
Definition of mam
(Entry 1 of 4)
variants: or ma'm
Definition of mam (Entry 2 of 4)
variant spelling of ma'am
\ ˈmäm \
plural Mam or Mams
Definition of Mam (Entry 3 of 4)
1a : an Indian people of southwestern Guatemala
b : a member of such people
2 : a Mayan language of the Mam people
Definition of MAM (Entry 4 of 4)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game